U.S. Customs is ramping up its enforcement activity. If you have ever been selected for CBP’s focused assessment (commonly referred to as a customs audit), you know that it is a stressful, cumbersome, and often expensive process.
This webinar will explain all the risk areas that Customs looks for in an audit, as well as the best practices you should adopt to successfully prepare for a customs audit. We will also discuss how your company can demonstrate “reasonable care” and build a robust import compliance program.
Topics to be covered include:
- Background on customs audits (focused assessment)
- Structure and timeline of a customs audit
- Areas reviewed by CBP during a focused assessment
- Review of ACE data and entry review/transactional testing
- Customs valuation
- HTS classification
- Records management
- Prior disclosures
- Joining the CTPAT Trade Compliance (Importer Self-Assessment) program
- Common errors and best practices in building an import compliance program
This session is ideal for:
- Global Trade Compliance Professionals
- Import/Export Compliance Personnel
- Tax and Accounting Department Personnel
- Legal Department Personnel
- International Purchasing and Logistics Managers
- Customs Brokers
The webinar will include a time for Q&A from webinar participants.