Export Control RECORDKEEPING, Compliance AUTOMATION and End-User SCREENING Update 2021 WEBINAR
ON DEMAND from Export Control Webinars
Train with others in your organization all over the world and get a group discount! Group participants do NOT need to be in the same physical location. Contact Us for Group Registration Code and discount tiers.
ON DEMAND $150 : DETAILS & REGISTRATION
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
INSTRUCTOR: Felice Laird, Export Strategies, LLC
2020 has been a banner year for USG Entity List additions, confusing temporary general licenses, and overall compliance headaches (migraines!). These developments underscore the importance of recordkeeping and end-user screening, as some regulatory changes literally, happened overnight.
US export enforcement officers are actively monitoring the Automated Export System with the intent of finding transactions which may appear to be in violation of export controls and contacting companies for transaction records. If this happens to your company, would you be able to comply? Can you prove that your end-user screening is sufficient enough to meet government expectations?
As the use of automated systems for export documentation replaces paper records, companies are struggling with being able to retain and produce all of the records that may be required by the Export Administration Regulations, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Foreign Assets Control Regulations, and Foreign Trade Regulations.
The following topics will be covered:
- Regulatory requirements for recordkeeping for export control agencies – what do the regulations say?
- What is the government recommending regarding compliance automation?
- What transactions and which persons are subject to recordkeeping requirements?
- How are companies coping with the inherent complexity in screening EAR and OFAC Sanctioned Parties?
- Export control documents vs. general commercial records
- Best practices for recordkeeping in the paperless era
- Challenges of auditing electronic records
- Advice for maintaining files for shipping documents, classification, and licensing determinations
- Recordkeeping for reform-related reclassification decisions
- Internal mini-audits of export paperwork
- Challenges of dealing with freight forwarders, air couriers, and other third parties who generate documents on your company’s behalf
- Legal considerations: investigations, discovery, attorney-client privilege
This webinar will provide PowerPoint slides and include live video and commentary from Felice Laird who is a leading export compliance auditor and educator.
See full list of Export Controls Webinars Events at www.exportcontrolwebinars.com