Excellent overview of major pillars of a supply chain, from demand planning through to distribution and customer service. Course reviews each step of the supply chain providing detailed insights on the responsibilities of each function and how they interact with the other functions of the supply chain.
Discussion will include language of each group and how to relate to other department’s goals and objectives to ensure the right product is delivered to the right place, at the right time, driving company profits while meeting customer demand.
- Overview of supply chain pillars
- Demand planning
- Procurement and supply management
- Manufacturing and service operations
- Transportation management
- Global trade management
- Customer service and order fulfillment
- Inventory management
- Warehouse management
- Supply chain metrics to monitor and manage
- Case studies on how various industries manage these pillars for operational excellence in their supply chains, including retail, aerospace and more
- Best practices for overall supply chain management
- Use of technology to improve supply chain efficiency
- How to increase collaboration across the supply chain