Export Compliance Solutions & Consulting Presents:
Level II – Managing ITAR/EAR Complexities
September 8-9, 2022
Charleston, South Carolina
SPACE IS LIMITED, SO REGISTER NOW
with Questions or to Register By Phone: 866-238-4018
Day 1 – Thursday, September 8th:
COMPLIANCE BUILDING BLOCKS
· Keynote Presentation “Compliance Alert: Why You Need to Partner With Your IT Department” Debi Davis, Vice President, Global Compliance, TransDigm Group.
· Update: ITAR Rewrite—Key Takeaways–What You Need to Know NOW to Navigate the New Sections.
· Presentation: “A-Z: How to Conduct a Comprehensive Audit” From the Audit Plan, documents to review, interviews to drafting the audit report.
· Exercise 1: “Drafting an Audit Plan”
· Presentation: “Why We Need to Pay Attention to Emerging Technologies”
TESTING YOUR COMPLIANCE PROGRAM
· Presentation: “Transactional Testing & Due Diligence”
· Presentation: “Key Elements of a Policy & Procedure Manual”
· Presentation: “Unlocking the Keys to an Effective Training Program”
Day 2 – Friday, September 9th:
COMPLIANCE OFFICIALS AND THE EAR
· Presentation: “The 10 Effective Habits of an ITAR/EAR Compliance Official”
· Presentation: “Navigating the Complexities of the EAR”
· Presentation: “Using the STA Exception Effectively”
· Exercise 2: “Testing Your EAR Prowess”
· Presentation: “Top Ten Violations Under Commerce/BIS Charging Letters” Tips to avoid making these mistakes in your company.
· Presentation: “Due Diligence: The Importance of Checking Intermediaries and End Users”
· Exercise 3: “End User Exercise”
· Presentation: “Sentinel, Blue Lantern Programs & State/DTCC Company Visits” An examination of Commerce/BIS and State/DTCC internal compliance efforts.
*agenda topics and timing are subject to change
Small group exercises on both days to help you digest and practice what you learn!