Thursday, July 29, 2021 | 11:00 AM ET | 5:00 PM CET
What do placebos, drones, vaping devices and clock springs all have in common? They are all on the seventh edition of the Harmonized System (HS), scheduled to go into effect on January 1, 2022.
The HS catalog, which serves as the basis for determining customs tariffs, is revised every five years by the World Customs Organization (WCO) to incorporate products of new or emerging commercial significance. In the latest iteration of the HS, we will see some considerable modifications to the document, including 351 amendments across a wide range of goods.
Join seasoned experts Suzanne Richer, Director of the Global Trade Academy, and Gary Barraco, Senior Director of Product Marketing, for a complimentary Global Trade Academy webinar designed to acquaint you with the upcoming changes to the Harmonized System. We will discuss how to:
- Recognize the many new product streams
- Identify changes to the HS based on global environmental and social issues
- Determine how changes in culture and consumerism affect HS classification
- Understand the impact of these changes on your compliance program
- Adapt to the updates with knowledge and technology