September 22nd, 2020
ONLINE: LIVE VIRTUAL CLASS
*Discount applied when you also register for the USMCA (next day) class.
Join in for an excellent overview of the General Rules of Interpretation, and the outline and structure of the HTS book. Learn how to apply the rules for choosing an import or export code, and their impact on rates of duty and trade agreements.
This is an excellent course for those new to classification, as well as for individuals who have some experience but require a greater in-depth understanding of how to apply the rules.
- · General Rules of Interpretation
- · Steps to properly classify your product
- · Specific types of rates of duty including Ad Valorem and Compound rates
- · Differences between Column 1 and Column 2 types of duty
- · HTS information required under the 10+2 requirements
- · Reasonable Care guidelines for classifying your product
- · Overview of Binding Rulings and how to apply for them
- · Fines and penalties for non-compliance
- · Working with suppliers and other global partners to establish the proper classification code for any product
- · Any changes to the code will be discussed
Register for the Tariff Classification for Importers and Exporters Course today!