Transportation Law – November 10
This course provides insights into regulations and contractual law obligations for air, ocean, rail and truck modes of transport. Specifically, the course includes a detailed review of the:
- Various agencies involved in each mode of transport, their requirements and how companies manage these legal obligations is provided
- Contracts of carriage, the role of documents including bills of lading and how to minimize or avoid claims.
- Review of each mode of transport
- Fundamentals of contracts
- Agencies providing oversight for each transport mode
- Roles of carriers, customs brokers, freight forwarders and transportation brokers
- Power of attorney for customs brokers and freight forwarders and their limited liability
- Contracts of carriage for each mode and multimodal moves
- Minimizing claims
- Transportation security
What you will learn
- After completing this certification course, you will be able to:
- Discuss regulations and laws governing different modes of transport.
- Confirm what is the legal basis of a contract.
- Review a power of attorney with clarify on what limiting liability statements are included and how that impacts your company.
- Identify which incoterm should be used for specific modes of transport
- Discuss contracts of carriage
- Manage the claims process when shipments go astray.
- Clarify documents needed to process a claim and their general timeframes.