Transportation Law – July 8
This program provides insights into regulations and contractual law obligations for air, ocean, rail and truck modes of transport. A detailed review of the various agencies involved in each mode of transport, their requirements and how companies manage these legal obligations. Strong review of contracts of carriage, the role of documents including bills of lading and how to minimize or avoid claims.
· Review of each mode of transport
· Fundamentals of contracts
· Agencies providing oversight for each transport mode
· Roles of carriers, customs brokers, freight forwarders and transportation brokers
· Power of attorney for customs brokers and freight forwarders and their limited liability
· Contracts of carriage for each mode and multimodal moves
· Minimizing claims
· Transportation security
Course designed for transportation, supply chain, logistics, import/export personnel, customs brokers, freight forwarders, warehouse and legal professionals.