Supply Chain Fundamentals – November 9
This course provides an excellent overview of major pillars of a supply chain, from demand planning through to distribution and customer service. The course reviews each step of the supply chain providing detailed insights on the responsibilities of each function and how they interact with the other functions of the supply chain. Discussion will include language of each group and how to relate to other department’s goals and objectives to ensure the right product is delivered to the right place, at the right time, driving company profits while meeting customer demand.
- Overview of supply chain concepts, including:
- Demand planning
- Procurement and supply management
- Manufacturing and service operations
- Transportation management
- Global trade management
- Customer service and order fulfillment
- Inventory management
- Warehouse management
- Supply chain metrics to monitor and manage
- Case studies on how various industries manage these pillars for operational excellence in their supply chains, including retail, aerospace and more
- Best practices for overall supply chain management
- Use of technology to improve supply chain efficiency
- How to increase collaboration across the supply chain
What you will learn
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Define the functions of the main pillars of supply chains and their role in driving a superior customer service experience.
- Discuss the role of demand planning and its impact on procurement and supply management, and how that influences the other pillars.
- Discuss the data and metrics each pillar manages and what data points need to be shared across the organization.
- Explain the differences between optimal and efficient supply chains, vs. resilient supply chains.
- Confirm how legacy supply chains such as Just-in-time (JIT) and lean six sigma supply chains are moving towards becoming resilient in light of the pandemic and other supply chain disruptions.
- Review case studies on how various industries manage these pillars for operational excellence.
- Discuss how technology enhances supply chain optimization and resiliency.