Import Compliance – September 13
The Import Compliance course can be purchased as a single course, or at a discounted price as part of the 5-day Import Boot Camp. The Import Boot Camp includes the following courses:
- Import Compliance
- Tariff Classification for Importers and Exporters
- Qualifying Product for the USMCA
- Country and Rules of Origin
- Customs Valuation
This one-day course provides an excellent overview of the complete import transaction, from the time a product is ordered and purchased until received, following customs clearance.
Understanding the entire import transaction will earn attendees an excellent understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the importer, customs broker, freight forwarder and Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
Emphasis will be on the import responsibilities of each department, from product development, purchasing, receiving, warehousing, and finance, at a minimum. In addition, participants will learn how to create and maintain an import compliance program and implement mandatory internal controls.
- The Modernization Act and its implications for importers
- Import transactions from A to Z (what is expected from CBP)
- Importer Security Filing (ISF) for full containers
- Reasonable care requirements of importers
- Record-keeping requirements
- Post Entry Adjustments
- Fines and penalties
- How to create and maintain an import compliance program
- Implementing mandatory internal controls