Export Controls Specialist™ – October 26-28, 2021
The Export Controls Specialist™ (EXCS™) certification course provides the highest professional standards when it comes to the sharing knowledge associated with the regulatory environment of United States export controls, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The Export Controls Specialist certification course deals, in detail, with all aspects of the U.S. export control process. With heavy reliance on case studies and practical in-class examples, participants will gain new skills, or hone existing skills, enabling them to present themselves as a certified professional for an in-demand trade specialty.
Participants who successfully complete the EXCS course will be proficient in both Department of Commerce and State Department’s export regulations, including:
- ITAR (22 C.F.R. 120 – 130)
- EAR (15 C.F.R. 730-774)
- Other applicable government bodies’ regulations
In addition, this knowledge helps organizations become International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliant.
- Export reporting requirements of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and so on
- Automated Export System (AES) requirements
- Case studies of penalty cases at the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
- The prohibited party lists
- Export manual
- Reforms of export controls at DDTC, BIS
- Voluntary disclosures
- Dealing with reexports and diversion
- Crafting of corporate export policies
- Employee training
- Complying with anti-boycott law in your export transactions