Buy American Act (BAA) – October 19-20
Are you missing out on sales to current and developing markets? Qualifying your goods as Made in America, Buy America, or Buy American results in more opportunities to grab market share and obtain new markets for the procurement of your goods by federal, state and local governments!
This course provides a detailed methodology to qualify your goods for Made in America, Buy American, Buy America and the Berry Amendment, as well as other domestic preferential requirements of multiple federal and state agencies. Discussion will include recent executive orders to increase emphasis on American made items, including recent announcements that procurements will be directed to certain pharmaceutical and other medical products that are manufactured in the USA.
This 2-day course provides participants with everything they need to qualify their goods for multiple government programs and how to qualify products for equal consideration for government procurement under international trade agreements.
What you will learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the requirements of the Buy American and Buy America Acts, as well as the Berry Amendment.
- Identify the requirements of qualifying articles under the Trade Agreements Act and its effect on Buy American procurement restrictions.
- Discuss the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Confirm state and local Buy American requirements.
- Identify the penalties associated with Made in America claims.
- Recognize when Made in America claims for your products sold internationally meet the substantial transformation test.
- Recognize hidden trade issues (anti-dumping, quotas, trade bans) that can affect your procurement qualifications.