December 2nd – December 6th, 2019
This unique course will cover the entire Harmonized System in 5 days. Earning the CCLS designation supports a strong compliance program and moves the company toward a strong reasonable care process that is defendable for Customs purposes. As classification is the basis of most free trade agreement qualifications, participants will be well suited to develop a program with greater benefits to the company.
Course Curriculum & Content
During this 5-day training, leading experts will show participants the most effective way to accurately classify thousands of products. The methodology created for the CCLS program will provide you with an accurate process to develop an HS decision tree. Curriculum content includes:
- General Rules of Interpretation
- Understanding HS and how it is organized
- HS number and coding
- Review of Section & Chapter Notes which have meaning “throughout the tariff”
- Review of “basket headings”
- Identification of external classification guidance, such as the Explanatory Notes
- Address and prepare effective Binding Ruling Requests
- How to document and defend your classification
Register for the Certified Classification Specialist Course today!