Live Webinar: 2022: The Export Control Year in Review
Instructor: Scott Gearity
December 15, 2022 | 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm (EST)
As 2022’s end draws near, join us on a holiday adventure for all ages as we recount the year’s EAR, ITAR, and OFAC joys and sorrows, and contemplate what lies ahead. Imagine It’s a Wonderful Life, with ECTI as your guardian angel, and the foreign direct product rule in place of a bank run.
Now is a good time to take a breath and catch up on changes to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions programs. You will leave this webinar with valuable insights into 2022’s developments, the ability to cut through the clutter to what is essential, and an understanding of new regulatory requirements your organization must address.
Topics will include:
- Latest on the U.S. Munitions List
- Restructuring and Revision of ITAR Part 120
- Retransfer/reexport open general licenses
- New and modified arms embargoes
- Proposed changes to dual/third country nationals
- In-depth discussion of new export controls targeting Russia and Belarus
- Further expansion of the military end-use (MEU) rule
- Additions to the Commerce Control List
- New enforcement practices at BIS
- Congressional notification for EAR-controlled firearms
- Proposed EAR chemical and biological controls
- BIS Takes Stock on Emerging/Foundational Tech
- More Automated Export System (AES) validation
And, as if that weren’t enough, whatever else happens between when you read this and the webinar (more details coming soon)! Join in for the very last (export control) word in 2022.
This webinar will include PowerPoint slides and live video and commentary from Scott Gearity, who brings nearly 20 years of consulting, training, and corporate export compliance program management experience to bear for his clients. Each registrant, even if unable to attend, will have access to the presentation, certificate of completion, speaker contact information for follow-up questions, and access to the webinar recording 1-2 business days after the webinar airs. Webinar participants are invited to submit questions during the webinar and the final 30 minutes will be allotted to answering attendee questions.