ECTI Presents: Midyear Update on U.S. Export Controls and Sanctions 2021 – June 30, 2021: 1:00 PM EDT
Want to be brought current on developments in export controls over the first half of 2021 in only 90 minutes? ECTI’s got you covered.
2021 brings a new presidential administration to Washington. That means new policy directions in some areas, but surprising (to some!) continuity in others. The executive transition has not stopped the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) from implementing an array of new and amended rules. Now is a good time to take a breath and catch up on changes to the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and OFAC sanctions programs. You will leave this webinar with valuable insights into the previous six months of developments, the ability to cut through the clutter to what is essential, and an understanding of new regulatory requirements your organization must address.
Topics will include:
- Expansion of EAR military end use and user restrictions, including the new Military End User List
- Expanded Russia sanctions
- The end of Hong Kong’s special status
- The impact of Country Group adjustments for Cyprus, Mexico, and Ukraine
- Notable changes to the Entity List, Unverified List, and MEU List
- Burma sanctions developments
- Modifications to encryption controls
- Wassenaar Arrangement-driven amendments to the Commerce Control List
- Relaxation of controls on Sudan
- Expansion of EAR-based U.S. person restrictions with military-intelligence end uses and end users
- Additional CCL revisions
- Implications of Russia’s addition to the list of ITAR prohibited countries
- CAATSA sanctions targeting Turkey’s defense industry
- DDTC’s updated Canada guidance
- Major new or amended OFAC sanctions regulations for Hong Kong, Russia, Burma, Somalia, and more
- Chinese Communist Military Company sanctions program
- What to watch for as the Biden Administration continues
To take advantage of the 10% discount for ICPA members, use coupon code ICPA10 at registration.