Long before the outbreak of COVID-19, the complexities associated with the negotiation of ocean transportation contracts were challenging for even the savviest of Beneficial Cargo Owners. These days, the uncertainty brought on by the pandemic, along with ongoing issues related to blank sailings, skyrocketing spot rates, and demurrage & detention makes working with ocean carriers and NVOCC’s even more difficult.
In recognition of these challenges, this webinar details the Best Practices and techniques associated with negotiating ocean transportation contracts with both steamship lines and Non-Vessel Operating Common Carriers.
What you will learn:
- Carrier direct vs. NVOCC contracts: Advantages & disadvantages
- Factors and potential charges to consider when negotiating rates
- Best Practices for structuring an ocean transportation bid
- Techniques for negotiating with carriers & NVOCC’s
- How best to balance price with service and lead times
When: This webinar is on-demand, so you can watch it at your own convenience.
Dan Gardner, Business Solutions Consultant, 3rdwave